Kerim Aydin on Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:46:52 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] [CotC] CFJ 6 assigned to Judge Goethe

C-walker wrote:
> Just to clarify for Judge  Goethe, this is almost certainly FALSE.

Thanks for the clarification, all.  The answer could actually be slightly
different in Agoran law; I've checked the exact wording of the current
B Nomic rules to see whether the current Agora-like rules without all
the Agoran baggage of precedents would still suggests an Agoran-like
decision; I don't think that's out of the question.

Judgement

On one hand, it's possible to decide that B-Nomic somehow recognizes an
objective reality in which the statement is pretty obviously false (I'll
take that as a given that the person in question does not "own" the
object in question in any sense that a non-nomic player would recognize).
It's also possible to find false in that, if the legal fiction of
ownership were true in a previous round of B, it was taken away.

However, the current ruleset contains a third option, in that the courts
do not purport to judge one way or the other on relationships between
entities outside the rules which have no effect on the conduct of play
or the "game state".  The current ruleset does not purport to regulate
the ownership of real-life things, nor does the ownership of the item
in question have any bearing on the rules or play at the moment.
Therefore, the correct decision is IRRELEVANT.

Judge' Evidence

Wooble wrote:
>> Gratuitous arguments: under the old ruleset, anything in the game was
>> a game object.  Thus, if claims were in the game, they were game
>> objects and destroyed by the Refresh Proposal which explicitly
>> destroyed all game objects except for itself.  If they weren't game
>> objects, they weren't part of the gamestate so in the absence of rules
>> making them part of the gamestate in the new ruleset, they're not part
>> of the gamestate.

-Goethe