Charles Walker on Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:16:10 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Yet More Proposals

Firstly, your point c) is correct. In response to the other points, I revise
my Proposal "Democratic, Semi-Democratic and Undemocratic Ministries" to
read:
{

This Proposal is Titled "Democratic, Semi-Democratic and
Undemocratic Ministries".

Replace the text of the Rule "Assigning Ministries" with the following:

{

There is an Attribute Democracy Level with a Scope of all Ministries, a
Range of Undemocratic, Semi-Democratic or Democratic, and a Default Value of
Undemocratic.

A Player may, as a Game Action, assign a Vacant, Undemocratic Ministry to
himself.

A Player may, as a Game Action, with 3 support, assign a Vacant,
Semi-Democratic Ministry to himself.

A Player may, as a Game Action, with a Quorum of support, assign a Vacant,
Democratic Ministry to himself.

}

Replace the text of the Rule "Usurping Ministries" with the following:

{

A Player may, as a Game Action and without 2 objections, Usurp a non-Vacant
Undemocratic Ministry.

A Player may, as a Game Action, with 2 support and without 2 objections,
Usurp a non-Vacant Semi-Democratic Ministry.

A Player may, as a Game Action, with a Quorum of support, Usurp a
non-Vacant, Democratic Ministry.

When a Ministry is usurped, the Ministry is no longer assigned to the
previous Minister and is assigned to the Usurper instead.

}

Cause the Ministry of Questions to become Semi-Democratic.

}

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Jamie Dallaire
<bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> No. :) I like the idea of democratic ministires if it means players have
> some say in who runs what, in principle. But for this proposal to work it
> needs to
>
> a) not allow objections for ministry assignments (because this introduces
> an
> automatic 2 rday (or is it nday now in which case it would completely break
> the clock)) delay at the start of any nweek, because all ministries become
> vacant then and all need to be filled before the Clock is turned on. B is
> just coming out of a slump and we can't have that sort of delay when
> everyone is raring to get out there and stab people. An alternative would
> be
> to make up some exception to the no-objection provision to allow for the
> assignments (generally just hte first in an nweek i guess) to happen
> regardless of objection (ie as soon as support is gotten) if they would
> otherwise hold up the clock.
>
> b) if democratic ministries require a quorum of support to be assigned to a
> player, they should also require that much support to be usurped.
>
> c) i think this is intended and i can see why that could be a good idea,
> but
> just to make sure: you did mean to allow objections on semi-democratic
> ministries but not on democratic ones, right?
>
> BP

C-walker