Jamie Dallaire on Sun, 12 Apr 2009 19:15:10 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Proposal: GameBoard

Oh so it turns out we're missing the bucket of paint too (which I'll also
make single-use, along with Rolling Stone, in this proposal -  also fixing
the directional omission in Don't Matterhorn), so I revise my "Just the
GameBoard Please" Proposal to read:

>> {

Conflict: Proposal 1903

>>  Create a New Rule with the title "The Game Board" consisting of the
>> following
>>  {
>>    Squares are a type of Game Object which may contain a single Player and
>> at most one Device, excluding any Devices owned by a Player. Squares have
>> an Attribute Color, which is defined below. Squares have an Attribute
>> Altitude, which is defined below.
>>
>>    There is an Attribute Color with a Scope of all Squares, Devices, and
>> Agreements, a Range of all hexadecimal colors and undefined, and a default
>> value of undefined.
>>
>>    There is an Attribute Altitude with a Scope of all Squares, a Range of
>> the integers -5 through 5 inclusive and a default value of 0. Any Square
>> with an altitude greater-than 3 or less-than negative 3 is said to be
>> impassible, and cannot be entered by a Player without some Device or
>> Attribute that permits it. Any Square with an altitude equal to five or
>> negative five is completely impassible and may not be entered by a Player.
>> Any Player Resident in a Square with an altitude lower than zero is said
>> be Swimming, and eir movement is halved, rounding down. Any Player
>> Resident
>> in a Square with an altitude greater than zero is said to be Climbing, and
>> eir movement is halved, rounding down. A Player who runs out of movement
>> for the nday in a Square with an Altitude lower than zero is Drowning and
>> eir HP attribute is decreased by one for each nday they remain in a Square
>> with a negative Altitude.
>>
>>    The Game Board is a Game Object that is a two-dimensional array of
>> Squares, 20 Squares on a side. As a game action, each Living Player may
>> Travel along the Game Board, by specifying which adjacent Square they are
>> entering. Upon entering the new Square, e ceases to be Resident in the
>> previous Square and becomes Resident of the new Square. Each Living Player
>> may move up to five times per nday, and cannot move while the Clock is
>> Off.
>>  }
>

> Create a non-unique Blueprint entitled "A Wall" that reads:
> {
>   Device: Another Brick Wall
>   Power: Build
>     Effect: Sets the Altitude of a Square adjacent to the Resident Square
> of the Owner in a Cardinal Direction to 4. m20 is subtracted from the
> Owner's macks.
>     Trigger: Game Action by the Owner, when he possesses at least m20,
> specifying the Target Square.
>   Cost: m50
> }

Create the following non-unique Blueprint entitled "Everyone's Fifteen
Minutes":
{
Device: A Bucket of Paint
Power: Paint
  Effect: Colors the Resident Square and any devices within it the specified
Color. The device being used is destroyed.
  Trigger: Game Action by owner specifying the Color as a hexadecimal RGB
color.
  Cost: m25
}

In the Device called "Don't Matterhorn", set the text of the listed Effect
to:
{
Sets the Altitude of the Resident Square of the Owner to 5, dislodges the
Owner and moves em three Squares in a specified Cardinal Direction. The
Altitude of the Squares surrounding the Resident Square (before Owner was
dislodged) is set to 4. Don't Matterhorn is destroyed after this Power is
Activated.
}
and set the text of the listed Trigger to:
{
Game Action by the Owner, specifying a Cardinal Direction.
}

In the Device called "Rolling Stone", set the text of the listed Effect to:
{
A Dead target Player that became Dead on the Owner's current Resident Square
gains 10 Hit Points, becoming Alive. Rolling Stone is destroyed after this
Power is Activated.
}

 Each Player is Squared upon the Game Board in a Randomly Determined
>> Square. If a Player would be Squared where another Player is already
>> Resident, that Player is Squared into another Randomly Determined Square
>> until e is Squared.

In all Blueprints and Devices, capitalize the letter o in the words "owner"
and "owner's" and add a period to the end of Trigger texts if none is
present.