Jamie Dallaire on Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:21:16 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] (no subject)

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Alex Smith <ais523@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> By elimination, therefore, forfeiting is therefore a synonym for ceasing
> to consent to be governed by the rules.

I claim this Answer to be CONSISTENT with established doctrine, adding as my
own grain of salt that the fate of Instances of Attributes the Scope of
which is limited to Players (e.g. Hit Points or Level) remains slightly
mysterious. As noted by ais523, the Hit Points Attribute of a forfeiting
Player cannot be destroyed as this is not specified by the Rules, yet I'd
add that it can't continue to be an Instance of the Hit Points Attribute
because it would apply to something that is outside the Scope of that
Attribute... Would the Player, upon rejoining, return to having the default
number of Hit Points, or to eir old number of Hit Points at the time of
forfeit?

I also Withdraw my Proposal entitled "Defaulting on Properties" because
Murphy's mod is better and also historically consistent with ais523's
Answer.

BP