Ed Murphy on Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:44:44 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] (no subject)

Billy Pilgrim wrote:

> I Submit the following Proposal, entitled "Defaulting on Properties":
> {
> Replace the entire text of Rule 1-13 (A Peculiar Quality) with the
> following:
> {{
> A Property is an Attribute with a Range of {On, Off}. A Game Object with a
> Value of On for a particular Property may be said to possess that Property.
> Unless otherwise specified, the Default Value of a Property is Off.
> }}
>
> Set the game state to what it would currently be if Billy Pilgrim had never
> been selected as Priest on Consultation 222.
> }

Proposal:  Active by Default
{
This proposal conflicts with Billy Pilgrim's Proposal "Defaulting on
Properties".

Amend Rule 1-13 (A Peculiar Quality) to read:
{{
A Property is an Attribute with a Range of {On, Off}. A Game Object
with a Value of On for a particular Property may be said to possess
that Property. Unless otherwise specified, the Default Value of a
Property is Off.
}}

Amend Rule 3-5 (Active Players) to read:
{{
The default value of the Active property for Players is On.

At the beginning of each nweek, the players that voted in the previous
nweek gain the Active property, and the players that failed to vote in
the previous nweek lose the Active property.
}}

Set the game state to what it would currently be if all players who
joined since the end of the most recent Emergency gained the Active
property upon doing so.
}