Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 12 Mar 2009 06:37:58 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] (no subject)

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Marr965 wrote:
> >
> >> I submit a Consultation:
> >> [[Does Abstaining from voting on all Proposals in a Ballot, but
> announcing that you do so, count as voting for the purposes of the Rules?]]
> >
> > This is Consultation 222.  I assign it to Priest Billy Pilgrim.
>
> I believe Billy Pilgrim is ineligible to be a Priest, as one can only
> gain the Active property at the start of the nweek by having voted the
> previous nweek, and he registered after the start of the nweek
> (players who voted for an RP were made Active by my RP).
>
> The MoS PD was also incorrect in listing new players as Active,
> although BP wasn't even on it yet so this assignment isn't my fault.
> --

Hmmmm. There's no default specified in the Rules. Do I start off with or
without the Active Property? (same goes for any Property.... Properties
don't have default values, unlike attributes.)

I would suggest just repealing Rule 1-13 and inserting Properties into the
Attributes rule as a particular case, but I like the name of 1-13 way too
much. So.... I'm going to propose what I just said, but keep it in Rule
1-13.

I Submit the following Proposal, entitled "Defaulting on Properties":
{
Replace the entire text of Rule 1-13 (A Peculiar Quality) with the
following:
{{
A Property is an Attribute with a Range of {On, Off}. A Game Object with a
Value of On for a particular Property may be said to possess that Property.
Unless otherwise specified, the Default Value of a Property is Off.
}}

Set the game state to what it would currently be if Billy Pilgrim had never
been selected as Priest on Consultation 222.
}

Billy Pilgrim