0x44 on Sun, 8 Mar 2009 06:55:54 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Artisan report

James Baxter wrote:
The blueprint "A Buckling Sword" has been created despite the fact that it contains a bug (only one person objected).
I Resign from the Ministry of Goods.
I believe this entire message fails because you are not the Minister of Goods. I began my usurpation of the Ministry during nday 3 on rday 4-Mar-2008 at 2143 UTC, and on nday5 5-Mar-2008 at 0000UTC, I became MoG. Since your attempt to create the Blueprint was dependent upon your being MoG, the Blueprint could not have been created.

I submit the following Consultation:
{
Did a Blueprint called "A Buckling Sword" get created at the end of nday 5?

Reasoning: From Rule 3-14, the Artisan may create a Blueprint after receiving fewer than two objections in two ndays. From Rule 2-1, any duration to the effect of x ndays must be interpreted as though the duration ends at the end of the nday after x consecutive changes of that value. **The previous MoG attempted to create a Blueprint in the middle of nday 3, and therefore would have created the Blueprint at the end of nday5, however the previous MoG was Usurped at the start of nday 5*, and therefore eir dependent action could not have occurred as e was no longer Minister of the Grid. Since the current MoG did not attempt to create a blueprint on nday 3, e is barred from creating the Blueprint.

* Also from rule 2-1, any duration to the effect of x rdays occurs after x occurrences of UTC midnight since the action was declared. (Placed down here so as not to break the flow of that sentence)
Unbeliever: JamesB
}

0x44;