James Baxter on Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:18:09 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] The gamestate of B Nomic

Ok, I'm interested in preserving B Nomic so let's look at the facts:

*I believe that the broken comments were only added in the nweek 112 reset

*That means the ruleset went from here: http://b.nomic.net/index.php?title=Rules&oldid=1508

*To my mind the only commented parts are at the end of rule 1-3/0 and the middle of rule 2-1/0

*That includes the parts about incrementing the nweek, turning the clock on/off and durations of "X ndays"

*Actions which do not rely upon those can still happen

*On 27 November 2006, nday 9 of nweek 112 began and voting started (nothing stopped ndays being incremented, only nweeks)

*On 2 December 2006, the proposals from nday 9 were implemented but Peter wrongly stated that it was nday 1 of nweek 113; it was in fact nday 13 of nweek 112 (nweek increments were commented out!)

*That makes the current ruleset: http://b.nomic.net/index.php?title=Rules&oldid=1630

*Proposals submitted since then have been filed away to be voted on when nday 9 occurs but since we have long since passed nday 9 and have no way to reset the nday count in the rules, that doesn't happen.

*New Players and non clock related game actions since then have mostly worked

*Nday 12 of nweek 112 saved B Nomic. Without it, there would be no emergency rule to fix the problem; as it is...

I, JamesB, hit my panic button.