bnomic on Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:33:38 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Consultation, collated

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 23:44:39 -0800, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> teucer wrote:
>
>> I submit a Consultation:
>>
>> {Question: Did the above create a Consultation?
>
> This is Consultation 209.  I assign it to Priest 0x44.

I answer Consultation 209, YES.

Per 5e36, Consultations are Game Documents which contain a Question or
Statement posed in such a fashion as to allow a yes or no answer, and /may/
also contain the name of a Player as an unbeliever. There may be some
question as to whether or not the double-quote delimiters serve to comment
out the game action in question, but per 5e7 the only recognized comment
delimiters are double open square brackets closed by double-closed square
brackets, or slash asterisk closed by asterisk slash. The quotation marks
are meaningless, useless, and non-functional way of delimiting game actions
- the rules prescribe curly braces to delimit game actions - but
nonetheless do not prevent the game action from taking place. Since the
game action must have occurred, the only way to disqualify the document
from being a Consultation is due to the excess number of Unbelievers. Only
one is permitted, but an Unbeliever is not required, and having a malformed
set of Unbelievers does not seem to disqualify the entire Consultation,
especially in light of the fact that one of the express jobs of the MoQ is
to Zot malformed Consultations as being unworthy. So, from 5e36, despite
the Consultation in question being malformed, it is a Consultation, has no
Unbelievers, and should be Zotted for being malformed and otherwise
unworthy.