James Baxter on Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:00:52 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Time Jump

> Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 09:05:00 -0800
> From: bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [s-d] Time Jump
>

> >> "At the beginning of each nweek all mackerel owned by Teal are
> >> divided equally among all Active non-Dead, non Prisoner Residents of
> >> Teal Squares with any mackerel that would be divided into less than
> >> m1 being returned to the ownership of Teal."
> >>
> >> A new nweek has begun and Teal is a Legal Entity (meaning it can
> >> transfer mackerel). How does it not work?
> >
> > Nothing permits Teal to automatically do things.
>

> If Teal was bound by the Contract defining it, this could be turned into
> a Triggerable action.

I intend, with the unanimous consent of all Residents of Teal, to change the following paragraph in the Laws of Teal:

{At the beginning of each nweek all mackerel owned by Teal are divided equally among all Active non-Dead, non-Prisoner Residents of Teal Squares with any mackerel that would be divided into less than m1 being returned to the ownership of Teal.}

to the following:

{A Resident of Teal may, with the unanimous consent of all Residents of Teal, cause Teal to distribute its mackerel equally among all Active non-Dead, non-Prisoner Residents of Teal Squares with any mackerel that would be divided into less than m1 being returned to the ownership of Teal.}

I consent and the Laws of Teal are changed.

I cause all mackerel owned by Teal to be distributed among the Residents of Teal.

I become calm.