Charles Schaefer on Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:40:57 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] What is the pause now?

I submit the following Refresh Proposal:

Enact the Refresh Proposal which would have been selected by the Ranked
Pairs algorithim if all preferences for this one were discarded.

In Rule 5E17 (Eras), replace {The Fifth Era of B Nomic is the time starting
with nweek 153(2 Dec 2008, when
http://b.nomic.net/index.php/User:Ehird/Make_it_Better passed), and
continuing to the present.} with

{The Fifth Era of B Nomic is the time starting with nweek 153 (2 Dec 2008,
when http://b.nomic.net/index.php/User:Ehird/Make_it_Better passed), and
ending immediately before the start of The Sixth Era of B Nomic.

The Sixth Era of B Nomic is the time starting with nweek 153, nday 4 (13 Jan
2009, prompted by six States of Emergency in one nweek), and continuing to
the present.

The Seventh Era of B Nomic will happen sometime in the future.}

In Rule 5E9 (Rule Precedence), replace {If two Rules contradict each other
and the above paragraph does not state which takes precedence, the one with
a lower number takes precedence.} with {If two Rules contradict each other
and the above paragraph does not state which takes precedence, the one with
the lower Era number takes precedence. If this is still not sufficient to
determine precedence, the one with a lower number takes precedence.}

[[That way we can keep our E5 rules and not have to renumber everything.]]

--
w1n5t0n aka
Charles Schaefer