Alex Smith on Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:37:11 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] RP: Replace B with Agora's rules and a fresh gamestate

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 18:47 -0500, Craig Daniel wrote:
> We're in an emergency. As soon as J initiates the Pause, we're going
> to have RPs coming in. Below, I list the issues I think are relevant;
> most of them are not crises and thus don't (in my opinion) need to be
> fixed via emergency. For each one, I'm going to assign a range of
> points that may be awarded to each RP for its handling of the issue; a
> solution I regard as ideal will get the highest number of points
> available, while a solution that makes things worse will get the
> lowest possible number or, if it's really really terrible, less.
> Proposals get zero points for that issue, which is better than a bad
> proposal. The higher-scoring proposals get my vote over lower-scoring
> ones.
Let's see how /low/ I can score on the teucer scale.

I submit the following RP:
{{{
Change the Power of this Refresh Proposal (as defined by Agora) to 5.
(Note that Agora is unlikely to recognise this, but you'll see why
later.)

Repeal all rules, and replace them with the rules of the nomic Agora
(which can generally be found at <http://agora.qoid.us/current_slr.txt>,
unless comex is slow in updating them or attempting to scam this RP.)

Cause all PEPs to be players. Cause all non-PEPs to not be players. Set
the Publicity of spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx to Public, and the Publicity
of spoon-discussion@xxxxxxxxx to Discussion. Set all switches and
properties other than Citizenship and Publicity to their default values.

Create a power-4 rule with the same text as B Nomic's current rule 5e0,
and an ID number of 0.
}}}

Note that due to the differences between B's game custom and Agora's,
and the fact that Agora explicitly allows game custom to have an effect,
things would probably end up highly different from how they are at
Agora, even without any proposals necessary.
--
ais523