Tyler on Mon, 5 Jan 2009 15:29:38 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] logical hand grenades

Oh, well. It seems there is some debate after all. I submit the following
Consultation:

"Is it possible for a Player to forfeit in the past, by submitting in the
present a message that he does so?"

Some of my Reasoning: I argue for no. Reality dictates that nobody can do
things in the past. If real life physics don't apply, then what's to
say anybody can know what's really going on in this Nomic? An omnipotent
devil might be tricking you into thinking that the Internet exists. The
game is based on certain assumptions.

This is Consultation 191, and I assign it to Priest teucer. (Which I figure
is fair, since I believe he'll go for YES. I don't remember how to use the
dice server, and I don't especially feel like looking it up.)

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The correct grammar would be, "On nday 12 of nweek 152, I *forfeited*."
> And
> > no, you didn't. There are no restrictions placed by the game on when you
> can
> > forfeit, but unless you have a time machine, you can't do things in the
> > past.
>
> We don't have a temporal prime directive anymore, so that's no longer
> actually true.
>
> BINRL, and real life physics do not necessarily apply.
>
>  - teucer

 -Tyler