Charles Schaefer on Sun, 4 Jan 2009 16:23:37 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Consultation: Is ehird still a Player?

2009/1/4, Elliott Hird <penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 4 Jan 2009, at 22:04, 0x44 wrote:
>
> I submit the following consultation: Is the External Force formerly known
>> as ehird still a Player?
>>

> I become Ordained. I assign this Consultation the number 9999. I assign
> this consultation to ehird (myself).
>
> I answer this consultation YES.
>
> Reasoning: {
>
> 5E10 says [[Game Actions which involve calculating things that are
> unreasonable, impossible or ambiguous fail and have no effect. Determining
> what meets that criteria is up to Ministries and the Consultation system.]]
>
> Now, we all know about the ambiguity of my macks (see the arguments over
> that consultation, the various valid thoughts given on it, etc.)
>
> My forfeit involves calculating the ambiguous state of my macks as a direct
> consequence of it.
>
> Therefore, my forfeit was ineffective. 5E18 does not apply as it has a
> lower number than 5E10.
>
> }

Assuming ehird is correct and that he is still a player:
I claim his answer INCONSISTENT.

2008/12/29, Elliott Hird <penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 29 Dec 2008, at 22:44, Elliott Hird wrote:
>
> I resign.
>>

> -> I forfeit.

The fact that he sent TWO messages (presumably in case his first one was
ineffective) makes it clear that he intended to leave. I do not intend to
hold someone against their will.