James Baxter on Thu, 1 Jan 2009 07:27:47 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Consultation 181

> Consultation 181:
>
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 7:12 PM, Elliott Hird
> <penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Consultation: Did j violate the rules by failing to destroy his m10 fine
> > punishment in a Jiffy?
> >
> > Arguments: yes, he did, and knowingly (source: ##nomic on irc)
>
> The eligible priests are JamesB, Murphy, and Billy Pilgrim. My
> three-sided die says 1, so I assign Consultation 181 to JamesB.

I answer this consultation YES and I rule that, as a punishment, j shall pay a bail of m50 and shall be a prisoner until such time as that bail is paid, in accordance with Rule 5E36.

Reasoning: j was asked to pay a fine of m10 as his punishment as the answer to consultation 155. I am unsure wether he did this knowingly or not but he failed to pay his fine and must be punished.

I have made his punishment harsher with a larger fine that will now be enforced thanks to changes to rule 5E36. This harsher punishment is necessary to force people to pay fines and prevent the justice system from falling apart (although the changes to rule 5E36 handle enforcement of fines, fines issued before then must still be enforced).