Tyler on Tue, 30 Dec 2008 03:10:23 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Not Happy

I'm writing this to voice my complaints about this revolution/rebellion that
seems to be spearheaded by j. I think by now you know I'm pretty
conservative when it comes to making major changes to the game. And that may
be in part because I'm not keeping up very well with all that goes on.
(Having a real life and all makes it tough.) But this undemocratic way of
going about "fixing" the game really irks me. I can tell I'm not the only
one, seeing the recent forfeits. Are you really just doing this to award
yourself trophies? (If so, I think you went too far.) And why doesn't your
scam patch the Ruleset to disallow itself from happening again? I feel this
exclusive EF club is violating the trust I've had in the democratic ways of
this nomic.

It sounds so good to say you are protecting B Nomic from itself. But what
makes you so sure that you can work out the bugs in the Ruleset? I think
that what really makes a Ruleset broken is people trying to break it. It's a
lot easier to destroy than to create, to perfect, to safeguard. If you find
a problem, fix it, don't use it. That's how Nomics run smoothly. I'm
speculating here, sure, but who's to say I'm wrong unless they've tried it?

Now since you say "there wasn't a real problem that needed urgent fixing,"
why doesn't someone just change their Mental State to Calm and end this
Aristocratic revision?

P.S. I don't even know if I believe the EF really is at the address you
claim it is. Where's the Consultation on that?

--
 -Tyler