Craig Daniel on Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:55:48 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] teucer's votes

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 11:28 AM, comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 4:12 AM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> The relevant rapier belongs to teucer. When teucer bought said rapier,
>>> e spent m75 on it. This is only possible if e had m75 to spend. If the
>>> Laser Printer did nothing, teucer currently has m50 but does not have
>>> a rapier and did not at any time have enough mackerel to buy one.
>>
>> I maintain that the Laser Printer never existed because no one ever
>> completed the amendment to create it.
>
> Yep.  Whether or not the scam would have worked, it was misexecuted,
> so the printer was definitely never actually created.

...verifying the relevant messages in question, you're right.
Actually, you're almost right - it wasn't the amendment of the Laws
that failed, it was the coloring of the square. This means we also
didn't successfully alter the laws afterwards to be the text of
DiploNomic.

Ergo, I have m50, I do not have a rapier, ehird is not dead and eir
votes were in fact valid, and there are no squares of any color other
than white. I'm the new Minister of Grid, and I will have a PD out
soon that does not include any incorrect colorings. In the meantime I
challenge all public displays that I have made prior to this e-mail as
Minister of Grid and of Warfare. I then take the Ministry of Warfare,
specifying a reward of m100.

Oddly, to my mind this error makes the fungibility of mackerel and the
possible underspecification of the Pencil Sharpener irrelevant -
because there's a precisely-known number of macks created by the Laser
Printer (zero), that step in the process was unambiguous, so the
possibility that the whole process might have failed due to part of it
being insufficiently specified does not apply. I believe that the
other changes made by the Pencil Sharpener process therefore
succeeded.

 - teucer