Craig Daniel on Mon, 22 Dec 2008 22:08:49 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] teucer's votes

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:56 PM, Jamie Dallaire
> <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> are they valid? Consultation 163, recently pondered, includes reasoning that
>> pins teucer's macks at m15. Did that change since that was answered/is part
>> of the reasoning wrong, or is teucer a bum?
>
> The reasoning is wrong, because the reasoning supposes that I managed
> to somehow buy a rapier with less than m75.

...Houston, we have a problem.

I submit the following Consultation [[ehird's the obvious choice for
Unbeliever, but I think I want the answer to be the one he would give,
so I don't name him as such]]:

{Question: Is comex the Minister of Grid?
Arguments: If ehird's votes in the ministerial elections failed to be
valid because e is dead, then the answer is yes. Otherwise, the answer
is no - teucer is the Minister of Grid. However, because ehird was
killed by being stabbed repeatedly with a rapier, e is only dead if
the rapier in question existed.

The relevant rapier belongs to teucer. When teucer bought said rapier,
e spent m75 on it. This is only possible if e had m75 to spend. If the
Laser Printer did nothing, teucer currently has m50 but does not have
a rapier and did not at any time have enough mackerel to buy one.
[[This is why I borrowed m10 from Warrigal - I wanted to be
unambiguously a non-bum. I don't remember the calculations I used to
arrive at this figure, but they were discussed briefly in IRC at the
time by more people than just me and thus I believe them to be
correct. If the Laser Printer worked, then as best as I can tell the
many different possible situations relating to the functioning of the
Pencil Sharpener all lead to me not being a bum - although some of
them leave me very close.]]

Therefore, if the Laser Printer truly did nothing, then the rapier was
not actually ever purchased, the Consultation reasoning establishing
teucer as a bum is wrong, and ehird is alive and voted successfully.}

Because the MoQ position is affected, we've got a bit of a woobleverse
on our hands here.

I submit the following for display to the public and intend to ratify
it as soon as the above Consultation becomes Pondered; said
ratification will help clarify what happens once we hopefully collapse
the gamestate into one possibility.

{If the above Consultation was Answered YES, then teucer had m50 at
the start of the voting period in nweek 152, ehird's votes were valid,
and the ministries are as stated in 0x44's second tallying of the
votes in question. Also, teucer possesses an unused well-sharpened
pencil and no other weapons at the time this PD was submitted.

If the above Consultation was Answered NO, then teucer has an unused
well-sharpened pencil and a rapier, ehird was dead before ministerial
elections began in nweek 152 and thus did not vote, and the ministries
are as stated in 0x44's third tallying of the votes in question.}

Because I believe there to be a few possible answers to the question
of how many mackerel I have in the latter case, no answer is included
in this PD, preferring to save the controversial possibilities for a
different thread.

 - teucer