Jamie Dallaire on Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:57:18 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Proposals: Voter Suppression and Some Conflicts Have a Winner

I haven't been able to find any instances of that just now, but please let
me know if any of the below Proposals would clobber anything in existing
Proposals. I remember there being some out there about tallying procedures.
If there's any clobbering, I'll revise to insert the appropriate
contingencies.

I submit the following Proposal, entitled "Voter Suppression":
{
In Rule 5E32 (Decisions), replace the text:
{{the list of Eligible Voters for that Decision, by default all non-Bum,
non-Prisoner, non-Dead Players}}
by:
{{the list of Eligible Voters for that Decision, by default all non-Bum,
non-Prisoner, non-Dead Players at the start of that Decision's Voting
Period}}
}

I submit the following Proposal, entitled "Some Conflicts Have a Winner":
{

[[as they stand, conflicts are pretty useless. They only do anything if both
proposals are Won, and in that case both become Lost. So why would people
want to vote for both anyway, in that case?]]

In Rule 5E33 (Proposals), replace the text:
{{If it Conflicts with a Proposal that is Won, it is Lost.}}
by:
{{If it has lower Strength than, or equal Strength and a higher Proposal
Number than, a Proposal with which it Conflicts, it is Lost.}}
}

Billy Pilgrim