Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:11:06 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] MoQ Report - Consultations 155-160 Priest Assignments

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Warrigal
<ihope127+w@xxxxxxxxx<ihope127%2Bw@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Jamie Dallaire
> <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > *Consultation 156:*
> >
> > Supplicant: Billy Pilgrim
> >
> > Question: At the time of this Consultation's submission, is it currently
> > nday 2?
> >
> > Unbeliever: j
> >
> > Reasoning: j attempted to turn on the clock when nweek 152 first started,
> > and turned it off the next day. If he succeeded, then it should by now be
> > nday 3 (the clock having been turned on for real nyesterday). If not,
> it's
> > nday 2. He may not have succeeded because the rule defining Ministries
> was
> > missing its proper text. But some have argued that Ministries were at the
> > time defined implicitly, each in their own rule.
>
> Presumably, the Rule back then stated that a certain Minister could
> turn on the Clock. The most reasonable referent when you say "the
> Minister of Whatever" if there are no Ministries currently is either
> the person who most recently held the Ministry of Whatever (j, I'm
> assuming) or the person who's responsible for doing whatever the
> Minister of Whatever would be required to do (nobody). Since j is the
> most reasonable referent (I can think of no other reasonable
> referents), the Rule did indeed refer to j, so this worked. Therefore,
> I judge NO.

I claim that this Answer is INCONSISTENT. If j had vacated the MoM, then
there simply would be no valid referent. There doesn't have to be a valid
referent at all times, so we don't have to go about inferring anything about
what would be the most reasonable referent.

BP