Justin Ahmann on Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:43:57 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] contract

At the next occurence of 20:46 UTC, I submit the following Transaction:
BEGIN TRANSACTION
Assertion: teucer's Mental State is set to Paranoid.
Action: I set my Mental State to Paranoid.
END TRANSACTION

Codae

________________________________
From: Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: spoon-business <spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 3:41:01 PM
Subject: Re: [s-b] [s-d] contract

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Jamie Dallaire
> <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> OK true, you're right about that. In that case it was a game action but a
>> failed one. Default to j's argument, and 4e2 "Game Objects can only be
>> created, destroyed, or modified if allowed by the Rules, in a manner
>> explicitly governed by the Rules."
>
> The Rules say I automatically perform game actions I'm obligated to,
> thus it's allowed by the rules.

Actually, I suppose you're right. Therefore if rule 70 takes
precedence over whatever rule ordinarily stops you from changing the
rules, your actions succeed. I somehow can't load the wiki right now
to check, but I believe it does not.

Just in case, though, I submit this Transaction: {Assertion: wooble is
able to change the rules at will. Action: I become paranoid.}

- teucer