Alex Smith on Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:57:05 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] BUS: Werewolves day phase status

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 06:41 -0800, Ed Murphy wrote:
> root    is voting for no one
> Zefram  is voting for no one
> Wooble  is voting for no one
> ais523  is voting for no one
> ehird   is voting for Zefram (sent to agora-business)
> Pavitra is voting for root   (sent privately)
> avpx    is voting for no one
> comex   is voting for no one
> Quazie  is voting for no one
> 0x44    is voting for no one
>
> Lynching currently requires six votes.
I vote for Zefram in the Werewolves of Nomic Crossing lynch election;
for that matter, I vote for Zefram in every other nomic-defined election
I currently can, too (not that this second part does anything).

Reasoning: Zefram is inactive; it isn't possible to gain much
information from em, as a result, and nominating em later is unlikely to
give much information as a side effect. In the case when someone has to
be eliminated, it's better to do it first-round than when an incorrect
lynch would lose the game; better to have certainty late on and lynch on
knowledge and skill, than to have to guess whether or not the inactives
are werewolves or not on a day when it's critical.
--
ais523