Craig Daniel on Wed, 8 Oct 2008 23:56:56 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] The Contract of Epimenides

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:40 AM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I submit this Consultation:
>
> Question: Is a ZIP file a legal Game Document?
> Unbeliever: J

And not me? Score! On the off chance it means hilarity ensuing, I
become Ordained.

> Reasoning: 4E5 states "Game Documents are Game Objects that consist of
> text." I submit that not only does the Epimenides attachment fail to
> qualify as text itself,  the "epimenides.txt" in the encrypted ZIP file
> purported to create a legal corporation has not been shown to consist of
> text.

I hereby create a Contract entitled "Proof of Text" with me as a
member and the following body:
{
Section 1. No player other than teucer may join this contract.
Section 2. If there exists or may exist a Corporation named
Epimenides, Inc. and there has not been any resolution reached on any
consultation about whether or not the the Contract of Epimenides is a
legal contract, no player may leave this contract.
Section 3. If a consultation as described in Section 2 is assigned a
judge, teucer must tell that judge privately what the password is that
will allow people to read the files contained in the first file named
contractofepimenides.zip to have been received by the public forum.
Section 4. If any player joins the Contract of Epimenides, teucer will
send the password mentioned in Section 3 to that player privately.
Section 5. All Cretans are liars. This Section should not be construed
as binding the behavior of any Party to this Contract, even if that
Party is a Cretan.
}

 - teucer