Jamie Dallaire on Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:48:02 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] C Nomic

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All right, that's the final straw.  In my capacity as Player of B Nomic and
> C Nomic, I'll submit the following Consultation to end all this
> multi-nomic silliness:
>
> "Is it true that, since the time proposal 485 Passed, C Nomic has been
> identical to B Nomic?"
>
> Reasoning:
> "Proposal 485 created another nomic called C Nomic, as far anyone can tell.
> When it did so, it specified that it was identical to B Nomic. Therefore
> the
> Game Objects of B Nomic must be Game Objects in C Nomic also. Rule 2 could
> not have stopped this from becoming true, because while there was only B
> Nomic, it only had control over what happened in B Nomic, and it did not
> govern C Nomic until after the moment of its creation.
>
> Please could the Priest assigned this Consultation make an Oracularity to
> take care of actions, such as transactions, that are valid in only one of
> the two nomics, as all changes to one nomic are supposedly happening also
> in
> the other."
>
> I assign this Consultation (to?) the number 131 and the Priest Billy
> Pilgrim. Good luck.
>
> Further considerations:
>
> If the Consultation or assignment isn't valid in C Nomic because C Nomic is
> empty, that doesn't matter in terms of B Nomic, so I don't care.
>
> If the Consultation isn't valid because it refers to a different nomic, an
> External Force, well then, Rule 83 can't really change B Nomic to reflect
> changes to an External Force, now can it? So I don't care that way either.

Oh wait. That declaration of inconsistency didn't matter, huh.

In other matters, I'm going to have to think about this question for a bit.

But, in the meantime... I set my Mental State (in B Nomic as well as in any
other nomic where this message has any effect) to Paranoid.

I'm starting to be more and more inclined to just kill rule 83 and let
whatever happens in C nomic happen in C nomic. I don't think any of these
attempts to transfer objects or resrouces from one nomic to another are
actually valid, but only once rule 83 dies will c nomic events definitely
not touch b nomic. And then maybe we can start a D Nomic properly without
letting it invade B...

BP