Tyler on Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:32:49 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Consultation: Consultation Answer Effects?

Ok, I think I've been won over. My arguments are somewhat nitpicky, and
Wooble's solution is probably better than what we have now. I still don't
like how the new rule section might create disagreements about the
interpretation of the effects of Answers, and I still don't like how Answers
aren't game objects. But I'm ok with moving forward on this, and seeing how
it goes.

I would claim Wooble's Answer to Consultation 129 to be Consistent, but I
can't because I'm the Supplicant. So it's 1 to 1 right now.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I would say that it is too difficult to determine what game state the
> answer
> > should create. It is retroactive simulation that depends not only on the
> > Answer, but also on the Reasoning, because of Wooble's wording.
>
> If the Answer would actually need to change the gamestate, or if the
> Priest's reasoning doesn't consist of a summary of the facts about
> what actually happened in the game, it should be declared
> Inconsistent.  I believe as it's written the Oracularity should lead
> to consultations on matters of fact that might be unclear being easy
> to resolve, and consultations on matters of law having no effect
> outside of their own oracularities since all the answer can do is give
> an instantaneous picture of the truth of the question.
>
> Of course, I'd also be more than happy to legislatively redo
> consultation reform; I'm not convinced we got it perfectly right the
> last time or that this oracularity would fix the current problems.
> --
> Wooble

 -Tyler