Justin Ahmann on Fri, 23 May 2008 13:00:23 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Answer to Consultation 120

Answer: YES
Reasoning:
{
Rule 18 states that
The selected Priest shall find inspiration in his knowledge of the Rules and, as a Game Action, Answer his assigned Consultation YES, NO, or , in cases where neither of these two answers can potentially be logically correct, PARADOX, causing it to become Answered.
This does not specifiy whether this answer must be the correct one.  Thus, while I believe the Rules were worded in such a way as to keep new Players' Vote Powers at zero, I will answer YES, in the interest of gameplay stability, the believed status, and the spirit of the game.
}
Oracularity:
{
Set the gamestate to what it would be if, from the beginning of nweek 140 to the present, all Players who had most recently joined previously to the most recent start of any Voting Period had had Vote Powers of 1.
In Rule 20, replace "set" with "equal" and remove "other", in all instances.
}
For reference, here is the Consultation:
{
QUESTION: As of nday 12 of nweek 143, will the Vote Power of the Player
known as LASD be equal to 1?

REASONING:
- Default Vote Power is defined as 0 by Rule 4E15 (Proposals).
- Rule 4E20 (Players May Vote) reads: "All Players are Registered Voters.
All other players have their Vote Power set to 1."
- Rule 4E75 (Rule Powers and Precedence) states that, when two Rules have
equal Vote Power (which I believe to be the case of 15 and 20), the lower
numbered one takes precedence.
- Rule 4E75 is only relevant here if 15 and 20 are considered to contradict
each other. However, another interpretation of their texts could be that
Vote Power is set to 0 as a default, after which all (other (?)) Players
have their Vote Power set to 1. This is, in my opinion, what makes this
question ambiguous.

UNBELIEVER: Hose
}
Codae