Roger Hicks on Wed, 14 May 2008 15:31:45 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Tweak: Chess and Priority, Preventing Headache

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Jamie Dallaire
<bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> {
>
>  Modify the B-Chess Field Match by changing the following paragraph:
>  {{
>  All Invokable actions of Field Objects in this Field Match may only be
>  invoked by that Field Object's owner. Only one invokable action per Field
>  Object may be invoked each Turn of the Field.
>  }}
>  to read:
>  {{
>  All Invokable actions of Field Objects in this Field Match may only be
>  invoked by that Field Object's owner. Only one Invokable action per Field
>  Object may be invoked each Turn of the Field. The effects of any Invokable
>  action in this Field Match are carried out by the Referee upon being
>  invoked, regardless of the state of the Priority List or of when the Field
>  is Turned. The previous sentence takes priority over Rule 4E58.
>  }}
>
>  Set the state of the current B-Chess Field Match to what it would be if the
>  above modification to it had occurred immediately upon creation of the Field
>  Match.
>  }
>
>  I Activate the Tweak called "Chess and Priority, Preventing Headache".

Uh....I object (even though I suggested this).

The more I think about it moving pieces by priority number is the only
truly fair way to run B-Chess. Otherwise serious advantage is given to
players who are quickest to respond to the MoP's turn of the
field...which seems very un-chess-like.

BobTHJ