Geoffrey Spear on Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:31:17 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Proposal: Tweaks

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Mike McGann <mike.mcgann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote:
>

>  > You did the work of compiling all that, why not just submit it as a
>  > dependent proposal?
>

>  I don't think dependent proposals should be used in this way. This is a
>  refinement of an existing proposal, not a new distinct idea that, if it
>  passes, requires an existing proposal to pass as well. We don't want to
>  start something like:
>
>  Proposal 20x6, Submitted by Player A
>  {{
>  Reapl Rule 0
>  }}
>
>  Proposal 20x7, Submitted by Player B
>  {{
>  Dependency: Proposal 20x6
>
>  In Proposal 20x6, replace "Reapl" with "Repeal"
>

> }}

Well,  that's not really a great example since that's fixing a broken
proposal where as your suggestion substantively changes the ruleset
in, admittedly, ways my proposal should have done.

But ok, I revise this proposal to read:

"Bring Back Tweaks":

{{
/*Hose is a coauthor of this proposal, not that this had any effect
whatsoever */

Create a new rule entitled "Tweaks" with the following text:
{{
A Tweak is a Game Document describing changes to be made to the rules
and/or game state of B Nomic.  A Player may submit a single Tweak per
nweek.  A submitted Tweak cannot be revised after it has been
submitted.

As a Game Action without Objection, a Player can Activate a Tweak he
submitted during the current or previous nweek, provided he has not
previously attempted to Activate the same Tweak.  When a Tweak is
Activated, the changes it describes take effect.
}}

In Rule 4E15, remove the section entitled "Hurrying Votes"

Amend Rule 69 by replacing the text:
{{
There exists an Attribute called "Proposal Color" with a Scope of all
Pending, Hurried, or Open Proposals
}}
with
{{
There exists an Attribute called "Proposal Color" with a Scope of all
Pending or Open Proposals
}}
and by replacing
{{
A Player may, as a Game Action, change the Proposal Color of a Pending or
Hurried Proposal to a value of his choice.
with
{{
A Player may, as a Game Action, change the Proposal Color of a Pending
Proposal to a value of his choice.
}}

Amend Rule 15 by replacing the following text:
{{
Status (Range: Pending, Hurried, Open, Historical; Default: Pending)
}}
with
{{
Status (Range: Pending, Open, Historical; Default: Pending)
}}
and by replacing:
{{
As a Game Action a Player may withdraw a proposal with status Pending or
Hurried if they are the Author of that Proposal.
}}
with
{{
As a Game Action a Player may withdraw a proposal with a status of Pending
if they are the Author of that Proposal.
}}
and by replacing:
{{
At the beginning of each Voting Period, all Pending and Hurried proposals
become Open.
}}
with
{{
At the beginning of each Voting Period, all Pending proposals become Open.
}}
}}