ihope on Sun, 17 Feb 2008 16:32:40 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Is this really Urgent?

On 17/02/2008, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 23:59:59 UTC on February 18th, 2008, I submit the following Transaction:

This Transaction will not be submitted unless the State of Emergency
ends before then, since a State of Emergency cancels all
real-time-scheduled events that would happen during it.

On 17/02/2008, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmmmm. I was going to say it hadn't reached the public forum but then
> this is the emergency forum, a whole different beast, so I guess 4E41
> doesn't apply. Man, this emergency procedure is well designed! ;-)

It was sent to spoon-business, which is a Public Forum. 4E41 says that
the message should be treated as if it had never reached "the Public
Forum", presumably referring to the Public Forum that was last
referred to, which is spoon-business, the Emergency Forum. Then again,
it also asserts that there is only one Public Forum by referring to
"the Public Forum" before referring to any specific Public Forum,
thereby implying that "had neitver reached the Public Forum" is a
valid way of saying "had never reached any Public Forum", which could
be interpreted as meaning simply that the message was sent to
spoon-business but not to a Public Forum.

I ask Charles to show good faith by doing something like sending "My
Refresh Proposal is 'Repeal Rule 4E41'." to spoon-discuss, withdrawing
his Refresh Proposal, and submitting a new Refresh Proposal reading
"Follow the instructions following 'My Refresh Proposal is' in my most
recent message to spoon-discuss containing that string." (The
withdraw-and-submit would be to avoid the question of whether it's
possible to revise a Refresh Proposal that does not exist, in case it
doesn't.)

--Ivan Hope CXXVII