Mike McGann on Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:41:29 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Ministry of Time Bulletin and Consultation

On Jan 23, 2008 8:26 AM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My reasoning:
> Nothing in the ruleset declares a method of rounding. While bank
> rounding is the most accurate method of rounding, we aren't doing enough
> transactions to make it worthwhile. Therefore, it is understandable that
> the method of rounding defaulted to mathematical rounding. The
> mathematical round of x.5 is x+1.

I'm not sure I would call bank rounding the most accurate. Maybe the
most fair. Banks have an interest in not losing fractions of monetary
units due to rounding. Fixed precision is used and it could basically
be integer math with a decimal point placed somewhere.

Oh, and I claim this as consistent.