Jamie Dallaire on Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:41:57 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] some Consultation assignment

My Mystical Interpretation of the Rules leads me to answer Consultation 78
YES, i.e. TRUE.

Reasoning:

{
Rule 15 (Proposals) states that the Title of a Proposal is a Property of
this Proposal. Rule 10 (A Peculiar Quality) states that a Property is
described by a unique string of alphanumeric characters. Alphanumeric
characters consist of uppercase or lowercase letters of the Latin alphabet
as well as of Arabic numerals. Other characters, such as dashes, spaces, or
apostrophes, should thus be disregarded.

In this particular case, then, the presence or absence of a dash is
immaterial. The Consultation falsely asserts that the Rule in question is
entitled "The Metamin", when it is actually titled "The MetaMin". Were the
Consultation's assertion correct, the Rule would not have been amended, as
lack of capitalization of the second M would have rendered this part of
Proposal 219 ineffective. Since the M is indeed capitalized in both the
Proposal and the Rule, the Rule was amended.

Note that, as per the Priest's infallible reasoning, the Arguments submitted
by the Supplicant are Completely Out The Window. Punctuation is indeed
unimportant, as the Rules currently stand, yet capitalization is (ahem)
capital. Recent debates on the B Forums have demonstrated the primordial
position occupied by UPPERCASE letters in the Rules and elsewhere in the
game.
}

Because it has clearly NOT been customary for Players of B to restrict the
designation of Properties, including Proposal Titles, to alphanumeric
characters, I submit the following Oracularity:
{
In Rule 10 (A Peculiar Quality), remove the word "alphanumeric".

[[Note that the above change will make punctuation important.]]
}

Priest Billy Pilgrim