Geoffrey Spear on Mon, 17 Dec 2007 08:39:33 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] revising 220 (Criminal Justice)

I revise the text of Proposal 220 to read as follows:

{
Create a rule entitled "Criminal Offenses" with the following text:
{{
The rules may make certain Game Actions or gamestates involving a Player
as Crimes by defining them as one of the subcategories of
Crimes--Felonies or Misdemeanors.

A Player can be punished for a Criminal Action if he has been
found guilty by a Consultation on a Question of his guilt for a
particular action.

When an Answer to a Consultation on a Player's guilt becomes Pondered as True,
he shall be assigned a Punishment.  This punishment must accord with
the minimum and maximum sentencing guidelines for the Crime in
question.  The punishment shall be assigned by the Priest who answered
the Question of guilt if his Answer indicated that the Player in
question was guilty, or by the Oracle if the Priest's answer indicated
that the Player was not guilty and his Answer was subsequently found
to be INCONSISTENT.  Any Player can, with 4 support, declare a penalty
to be UNFAIR and reduce it to the minimum for the crime in question.

The Oracle cannot ZOT a question into his own guilt in a criminal matter.

When not otherwise specified, the minimum punishment for a Misdemeanor
shall be a fine of 1m and the maximum a fine of 50m.

When not otherwise specified, the minimum punishment for a Felony
shall be a fine of 25m and the maximum a fine of 500m.

Create a rule entitled "Murder" with the following text:
{{
Murder is a Felony that consists of intentionally causing another
Player's Hit Points to become nonpositive.
}}

Create a rule entitled "Shall I?" with the following text:
{{
Taking a Game Action which the rules state a Player "shall not" take is
a Misdemeanor.

Failing to take, within a reasonable period of time, a Game Action which
the rules state a Player "shall" take is a Misdemeanor.
}}
}

(note to MoC: I'm updating the text on the wiki as well)
--Wooble