Josiah Worcester on Tue, 11 Dec 2007 20:43:12 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Grand Chancellor?

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 20:28:31 Justin Ahmann wrote:
> Honorable Agoran Ambassador,
> I in no way wish to deny that our Nomic has, as you so eloquently phrased
> it, "a hole-ridden ruleset".  This fact is true, and it is not just my
> method, but also my motive to my ascendency.  You have also observed, quite
> concisely, that the emergency rules are among the flawed.  My goal as Grand
> Chancellor is to, based on suggestions from the other members of my Nomic,
> restore B Nomic to a state by which its players may enjoy the game for what
> it is, without weekly interruptions of Emergencies.
>
> What is needed now for B Nomic is a central authority; however, an
> omnipotent central authority in normal times is, in my opinion, contrary to
> the Spirit of the Game.  Your gracious proposal, though it would
> unambiguously give an entity the power to effect the necessary improvements
> to the ruleset, creates a situation under which it is flagrantly against the
> Rules to remove the higher authority.
>
> Therefore, I am forced to deny this proposed solution to the problem of B
> Nomic.  I believe it would be no more effective than the Grand
> Chancellorship (as I have the power to correct the gamestate quickly if the
> solution is clear, whereas to run the problem through the channels of Agora
> would be too time-consuming to fix most problems in time), and would likely
> be more destructive to the game.
>
> Sincerely,
> Grand Chancellor Codae of B

I appreciate your well-thought, well-explained description of the state of B
Nomic, as well as your reasons for rising to the role of Grand Chancellor. On
behalf of Agora, I would like to wish you and your nomic well in the future.

Sincerely,
The Honorable Agoran Ambassador pikhq.