Aaron Coquet on Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:50:40 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Aaron C's Refresh Porposal

I revise my revised refresh proposal thusly:
{
The day is set to nday 1: Breakday [[to give us more time for the next part]]
All Pending proposals are marked as Historical with a win-state of
Lost. No changes to points or wins are made as a result of this.
The proposals which have just been marked as Historical are all
automatically re-submitted by their original authors.
All ministries are Vacated.

All players lose the active property.
All players who have not been players for one full nWeek cease to be players.

[[This means that only people who are actually here will be included
in the voting. In order to become Active, one must post to the PUBLIC
forum. It can be as simple as a message that says "I become active".]]

All Devices that exist, with the exception of the Holy Hand Grenade of
Antioch, are transformed into the price that was paid for them in
Mack, and are immediately given to the original purchaser. [[so that
no one has any of the new devices which exist in a quantum state, and
no money is lost on the deal.]]

Al Blueprints are destroyed.

All rules between 3-12 and 3-14 inclusive are repealed.

A player is created with the name "The Nomic"
"The Nomic" submits a proposal to add back rule 3-12
"The Nomic" submits a proposal to add back rule 3-13
"The Nomic" submits a proposal to add back rule 3-14
"The Nomic" ceases to be a player.

Create a new rule in section 1, called "Things not to do":
{
If an action is described, mentioned, or otherwise appears in the
rules, it is known as a "Registered" action.
If an action is prohibited or not allowed in the rules, it is known as
an "Offensive" action.

Offensive actions may not be taken.
Registered actions can only be taken in a way that is in accordance
with the rule or rules which describe or mention them, or in which
they appear.
}

[[If i include a reversal of Prop 156, no one can vote in the first
week, I think. ]]

On Nov 28, 2007 10:20 AM, Mike McGann <mike.mcgann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Quorum just needs to be reduced, I put in for 1/3. If you have 10
> players you should be able to muster 3 votes. As it is now, you need 6
> which is excessive. It probably does need to be changed so that votes
> of abstain count towards reaching a quorum and if you vote for at
> least one proposal, anything you don't vote for is an automatic
> abstain. Prop 156 was in response to the Hand Grenade. There is also
> the issue of quorum for judgment claims. But, this should all be done
> and discussed after the restart.
>
> If anything, make everyone inactive and force everyone to post
> something to regain their active status.
>
> - Hose
>

> On Nov 28, 2007 1:01 PM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > We really need to repeal Proposal 156's changes to Rule 3-5. That caused
> > our quorum problems, repealing the changes would fix the quorum problems.
> >

> > Jamie Dallaire wrote:

> > > I understand the motivation for this except do we really need to makes all
> > > older players active? It will make getting anything at all done practically
> > > impossible in the nweek following the emergency because it will be so hard
> > > to get quorum on any proposal. This active clause should imo be removed or
> > > quorum lowered alongside it.
> > >
> > > Also, I do like the distinction between offensive and registered actions.
> > > quite clear.
> > >
> > > Billy Pilgrim

Aaron C
"H. P. Lovecraft is Rock and Roll" -- Neil Gaiman
Don't Panic!