Geoffrey Spear on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:18:48 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-b] Registration, consultation, proposal

On Nov 25, 2007 11:36 PM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2007 12:10 AM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The AFO submits a Consultation on the following statement:
> >
> >   If the Registrar attempts to refuse to allow an External Force to
> >   become a player after it has already become a player, does it
> >   thereby cease to be a player?
> >
> > Reasoning:
> >
> >   Rule 1-4 does not explicitly place any time limit on the Registrar's
> >   refusal.  Rule 3-1 prohibits retroactive changes, but explicitly
> >   allows their simulation.
>

> This is Consultation Number 51, which I assign to Priest Wooble. (ouch)

I answer Consultation Number 51 "NO".

I hold that when the Registrar refuses to allow an External Force to
become a Player, that External Force was never a Player in the game of
B which follows this refusal.  The act of posting a message to the
Public Forum requesting to become a Player creates a superposition of
two games of B, one in which the External Force is a Player and one in
which he is not.  The Registrar's act of refusing registration
collapses the waveform, as does his addition of the External Force to
the Public Display of Players.  This effect is therefore not
retroactive, although it appears to be from the outside, as the game
of B with the varying status of the Player (or non-Player) in question
slips off into another Universe.  Keep the lasagna flying.

--Priest Wooble

--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/