Jamie Dallaire on Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:30:04 +0100 (CET)

[s-b] Proposal

As a Game Action, I submit the following Proposal, entitled "Precocious
Activity":

{{

Append the following text to the end of Rule 3-5 ("Active Players"):
{
A new Player becomes Active upon joining B Nomic.
}

[[Reasoning: Rule 3-5 contains the sentence 'A Player that posts to a Public
Forum gains the "Active" property'. According to Rule 1-4, an External Force
becomes a Player by posting to a Public Forum. It is ambiguous whether the
External Force simultaneously posts to a Public Forum and becomes a Player,
or whether the latter action is pursuant to the former. The interpretation
of this issue has consequences for the implementation of Rule 3-5. This
Proposal makes it explicit that any new Player is Active "by default".]]

}}

As Minister of Change, I assign this Pending Proposal the Proposal Number
181.

Billy Pilgrim