Antonio Dolcetta on Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:11:05 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Consultation 26 answered (was: Voting Results nweek 127)

Geoffrey Spear wrote:
> I take the Ministry of Questions.
>
> I submit the following as Consultation 26:
>
> {{{
> True or False: The Minister of Change's first set of results,
> discounting Primo's votes, are effective and eir second set of
> results, counting said votes, is ineffective.
> }}}
>
> I name Primo Corp. as the Unbeliever for this Consultation.
>
> I assign Consultation 26 to Antonio.

Consultation 15 deciding that BobTHJ (or any other player for that
matter) cannot act on behalf of Primo Corporation was answered on Thu,
19 Jul 2007 17:26:02 UTC (or nday 9 in ntime). It will therefore become
Pondered tonight. Only Pondered consultations guide the interpretation
of the rules. Normally this would not matter, but Proposal 130 passed in
the same Nweek as the report which is under exam.

the complete text of this proposal reads:

  Change the state of the game to be what it would be if each Public
  Display was correct as of the last time that it was updated before the
  submission of this proposal.

We must therefore examine if the Public Displays somehow indicate that
Primo Corp's votes were to be taken as valid.
I find that indeed they do, as the votes of nweek 126 set a clear
precedent. I believe those records to be in error, in the light of
consultation 15, but proposal 130 forces us to act as if they were correct.

Even though Consultation 15 (clearly marked as Waiting in the Public
Displays) was answered Before proposal 130 had it's effect, and caused
all votes from BobTHJ as Primo to be discarded. Proposal 130 later
changes the gamestate to a state where Primo Corp's votes were valid.

However I note that this effect is una-tantum, being caused by the
passage of proposal 130, Consultation 15 stands and when Pondered, no
further votes cast by BobTHJ on behalf of Primo shall be counted as valid.

I answer FALSE