Peter Cooper Jr. on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:35:47 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Consultation 18

Geoffrey Spear wrote:
> I assign Consultation 18 to Peter.

Supplicant: Antonio

Question: true or false: there exists a proposal numbered 105 ?

Supplicant's reasoning: I don't think that Zach's "fastness" proposal ever
reached the public forum.

Answer: True

Reasoning:
There is a proposal by Zach named "Fast rules" that was submitted to a
public forum.
<http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-business/spoon-business-200706/msg00015.html>.

Zach did subsequently try to edit it on the -discuss list.
<http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-discuss/spoon-discuss-200706/msg00044.html>
This attempt, however, had no effect since it wasn't to a public forum.

Comex, who was Administrator at the time, assigned number 105 to a "Fast
Rules" proposal with author Zach.
<http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-business/spoon-business-200706/msg00059.html>
While the text didn't match, it was unambiguously identifying the proposal
and assigning the number 105 to it. B Nomic has a long game history of
allowing unambiguous abbreviations. I don't believe that quoting the
incorrect (but intended) text below the proposal/number assignment makes
the assignment of the number ambiguous.

--
Peter C.