Aaron Coquet on Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:32:11 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Proposal

It seems that i failed to take into account the idea of a non-human sentient
being wishing to (or already being) a member. Thus, I submit the following
transaction:
BEGIN TRANSACTION
Withdraw proposal "Turing Test Disambiguation"
I submit the following proposal:

> __Turing Test Disambiguation__
> {{
> [[
> Because there is SO much debate about what a (or the) Turing test is
> and isn't and who can pass one successfully
> ]]
>
> In rule 1-4, in the first bulleted section, change
> {{
> E is capable of passing a Turing Test
> }}
> {{
> E is capable of passing a Membership Test, although E may not be
> required to take said test
> }}
>
> In the "Foundation" Section, create a new rule:
> __Membership Test__
> {{
>   A Membership Test shall consist of any or all of the following:
>   * Proof of uniqueness from all other known sentient beings [[Whether
> this is a physical difference, such as fingerprints on a human, or a
> different set of experiences, such as an Artificially Intelligent computer
> might possess, is up to the being wishing to become a member. However, a
> name alone is not enough to prove uniqueness.]]
>   * Refer to one's self in the first person singular without being awkward
>    [[ I.E., "I think, therefore I am" rather than "We think, therefore
> we am" or "I am The World, I am The Children"]]
>   * Send, and receive a reply to, an email to another entity
>   * Be capable of thought as an individual. [[I.E. No Borg or Group
> consciousnesses.]]
> }}
> [[
> Yes, That's mostly just a silly way of doing what I'm talking about,
> but I like doing silly things.
> ]]
> }}
> END TRANSACTION

I hope that clears up any confusion. I did it as a transaction because I
couldn't figure out how to correct it without it being horribly complex.

--
Zach