Antonio Dolcetta on Wed, 27 Jun 2007 04:58:23 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Sentient Voters (was Players should be Humane)

I revise my "Players should be Humane" proposal:

[[ on further reasoning, I have removed the Turing Test requirement to
join as a (non voting) player. I have no objection to cooperations or
computer programs or whatever holding Posts, Submitting proposals,
submitting CFJs or answering CFjs as long as they can't be used to
manipulate voting power (well, technically they can't answer
consultations right now because if they can't vote they can't become
active, but we might want to fix that in the future)

I have also revised the "Human Player" concept, using the spirit of what
used to be the Turing Test clause
]]

I propose the following:
title: Voters should be Sentient
{

amend rule 1-4 by replacing:
{
An External Force may become a Player by posting a message to a Public
Forum containing a request to become a Player and a uniquely identifying
name that e wishes to be known by. E may do this if and only if e
fulfills the following requirements:

     * E is capable of passing a Turing Test
     * E is not currently a Player
     * E has a working e-mail address
}
with:
{
An External Force may become a Player by posting a message to a Public
Forum containing a request to become a Player and a uniquely identifying
name that e wishes to be known by. E may do this if and only if e
fulfills the following requirements:

     * E is not currently a Player
     * E has a working e-mail address

A Sentient Player is a Player that fulfills the following requirements:

     * E is sentient and self-aware
}

amend rule 2-2 by replacing:
{
Any Player may submit a Vote on an Open proposal at any time. The Vote
must be one of the words FOR, AGAINST, or ABSTAIN; other words are ignored.

The most recent Vote on a proposal by a Player is called that player's
Final Vote on that proposal.
}
with :
{
Any Sentient Player may submit a Vote on an Open proposal at any time.
The Vote must be one of the words FOR, AGAINST, or ABSTAIN; other words
are ignored.

Only Human Players may vote.

The most recent Vote on a proposal by a Player is called that Player's
Final Vote on that proposal.
}

amend rule 2-5 by replacing:
{
When a Priest submits eir Answer to a Consultation, within three ndays
(or ndelays if the clock is off) since it's submission, any player
except the Defendant and the Supplicant may, as a Game Action, make a
Claim as to the Answer's Consistency with established doctrine. Such
Claims will ultimately state that the player believes the answer to be
Consistent or Inconsistent.
}
with:
{
When a Priest submits eir Answer to a Consultation, within three ndays
(or ndelays if the clock is off) since it's submission, any Sentient
Player who is not the Defendant or the Supplicant in the Consultation