Daniel Lepage on Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:01:05 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] There can be only one!

I submit a Consultation:
{{
Question: Humans cannot join B Nomic. True or False?
Reasoning:
One requirement for joining the game is that you be able to "pass the
Turing Test". However, "the Turing Test" is clearly defined as a
specific test for determining whether an artificial intelligence can
successfully masquerade as a human. It follows that the only way a
player can join is if e can demonstrate that e is A) an artificial
intelligence, and B) indistinguishable from a human. However, if B)
is true, then by definition there is no way to demonstrate A. It
follows that nobody can become a player.

It nearly follows that there are no players and thus no game.
However, several nyears ago a rule was created called the Statute of
Limitations that retroactively legalized any statement made by the
Administrator after 10 ndays passed with no objections. The
Administrator (David E. Smith, at the time) referred to my existence
as a player numerous times during this period. As I am the only
player who has been playing continuously since before the repeal of
the Statute of Limitations, it follows that I am currently the only
player of B Nomic.
}}

--
Wonko