bd_ on Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:27:20 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Oracle Report 22/06/07

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 12:16:53PM -0600, Roger Hicks wrote:
> On 6/22/07, bd_ <bdonlan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
> > >
> > > Consultation 11
> > >
> > > Supplicant: Comex
> > >  > True or false: Is Primo Corporation a player?
> > >
> > > Assigned to: BobTHJ
> > > Answered: TRUE 21/06/2007 18.26
> > > Answer claimed inconsistent by Antonio 22 Jun 2007 10:43:42 +0200
> > >
> > > Priest' Reasoning:
> > > With respect & apologies to Priest Wonko, I judge TRUE. Primo
> > > Corporation satisfied all the requirements for becoming a player per
> > > this Priest's "mystical interpretation of the rules":
> > > * Primo is an External Force. It's existance is not tied to B Nomic.
> > > It existed prior to it's joining B Nomic.
> > > * It posted a message to the public forum requesting to become a
> > > player, and designated the name it wished to be known by.
> > > * It was not already a Player.
> > > * It has a working e-mail address, the address of it's Corporate Forum.
> > > * It is capable of passing a Turning Test, see below.
> >
> > I claim this is INCONSISTENT. While Primo Corporation is an external
> > force capable of passing a turing test, and it has a working email, it
> > has not posted to a public forum to join. Indeed, no rule authorizes an
> > officer of Primo corporation to cause it to take action in B Nomic at
> > all.
> >

> Are you referring to B Nomic rules? or the Primo Corporation rules?
> Primo Corporation Shareholders did indeed authorize it's Officer
> (myself) to act on it's behalf in declaring it a player. See Issue #11
> at:
> http://groups.google.com/group/primo-corporation/browse_thread/thread/aea2550bfd4c46a7
>
> Of course, no rule in B Nomic specifically allows me to act on behalf
> of Primo Corporation, but I would argue that it doesn't need to.

Hm, on further reflection, I can see your point here. Just as it's not
possible for a human to submit a post directly to a mailing list without
going through a computer as an intermediary, it's not possible for Primo
Corporation to post without going through BobTHJ as an intermediary.
That the intermediary is himself a player, or that the header format
(plain english rather than SMTP headers) declaring the sender is
different, are mere technicalities.

I claim that consultation 11 is CONSISTENT.