Daniel Lepage on Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:27:50 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] designation

On Feb 26, 2007, at 12:05 PM, shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Comex, would you mind explaining that one?  Where in the rules does
> it say
> that you can designate a public forum via a game action?

In Rule 1-9: {{ Each forum may be designated as one of the terms
Private, Public, or Discussion. }}

However, I assume e's using r1-10:
{{
Text to the effect that "any player may do X" should be interpreted
to mean that X is a Game Action; but such a declaration implies that
only players may take the Game Action X (unless another declaration
permits other Outsiders to as well).
}}

This doesn't cover the case when it simply says "x may be done"
without specifying who can do it, so I would claim that designation
is not implicitly a game action.

Furthermore, r1-9:{{ A Forum is any External Force that allows
Outsiders to communicate. }}, so unless Comex can prove that multiple
outsiders can use eir private wiki to communicate, it is not a forum
to begin with.

But just in case, I Object to all Tidiness Lists and designate
comex's private wiki as a Private forum.

--
Wonko