Daniel Lepage on Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:29:05 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] 114.5 (Pause=4) Administrator's Update

On Dec 23, 2006, at 6:55 PM, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

> Antonio has delusions about it not being a state of emergency. Twice,
> as far as I can tell. Eir RFJs are number 10 and 11, both assigned to
> Wonko.

I accept RFJ 10 and make RFJ 11 Invalid, on the grounds that it is
the same as RFJ 10 and thus is no longer relevant in light of my
forthcoming ruling on RFJ 10.

I render judgment on RFJ 10:
RFJ 10 (Antonio)
----------------
  Statement:
   a panic button is not the same thing as a Panic Button
  Plaintiff's Reasoning:
   Rule 0 states:
   > A PEP may post a message to a Public Forum or any forum that within
   > the past month was a Public Forum stating that e is Hitting eir
   > Panic Button.
   In the whole text of rule 0, the words Panic Button are
consistently capitalized, this implies that capitalization is
significant regarding this rule.

Judgment (Wonko)
----------------
  I Render the Judgment of FALSE on RFJ 10.
  Judge's Reasoning:
  The rules don't specify how we have to capitalize words. I agree
that capitalization could make a difference if a word was ambiguous
to begin with, but in the case of a Panic Button there is no such
ambiguity, and so a "panic button" is the same as a "Panic Button"
until such time as the rules explicitly state otherwise.

  Note that if capitalization did matter, then this RFJ would have
been invalid, because an RFJ needs exactly one "Statement", and this
only has a "statement" :D

--
Wonko