bd on Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:42:14 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] nweek 113 ballot

Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
> The following proposals are now open for voting:
>
> 21	The Temporal Prime Directive
FOR
> 22	You need to *work* to win
FOR
> 23	Legal Mode
AGAINST [[ See my discussion of the flaws earlier; basically, I'm still
not quite sure what it means by lists of actions related to game
objects, and this can be acheived by much simpler means as in p24 ]]
> 24	Monopoly Mode
FOR
> 25	Win or Win or Win
FOR
> 26	Disambiguation
FOR
> 27	Jurisdictional boundaries
FOR
> 28	The Slim Shady Clause
FOR
> 29	Generality
FOR
> 30	some RFJ fixes
FOR
> 31	populate $wgLogo
AGAINST [[ $wgLogo is not part of the gamestate, so this proposal should
not have any effect. Since the rules have no power to enforce the change
of $wgLogo, this cannot be considered to be a change in the gamestate -
the admin of the wiki can theoretically veto the change by fiat. ]]
> 32	Proposal to reduce redundancy (which will be reduced by passing this proposal)
FOR [[ This was, in fact, intentionally designed to only affect people
in the first nweek. >.> ]]
> 33	Posts
FOR
> 34	The rot sets in
AGAINST [[ Too easy to scam ]]
> 35	The Rules Rule
AGAINST [[ Prevents timed actions, etc ]]
> 36	extend commentability options
FOR [[ I'd remove the "although it can be read" though ... ]]
> 37	conflicts and dependencies
FOR
> 38	you know you want 'em
FOR [[ I'd like this to be implicit, but that can wait ]]
> 39	state of the union
ABSTAIN [[ This seems to authorize any game action at any time... I
think? Not sure, so abstaining. ]]
> 40	Rename comex, too
FOR
> 41	Basic Scoring
FOR [[ but, what happens if we run out of points? ]]
> 42	Emergency Procedure Fixes
FOR
> 43	Monotonicity is rather dull, don't you think?
FOR
> 44
FOR