automailer on Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:29:56 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] PlayerPersonman amends p365

PlayerPersonman has amended p365.

---------------------------------
Motion 365/1: My Insidious Copycat Repeat Of Current Offer Syntax Motion
A Proposal by PlayerPersonman
Last modified on nweek 107, nday 8

[[MICROCOSM]]
[[Sorry Triller, I was going to just reply to yours with some suggestions, but then I realized I was basically rewriting the whole thing, so why not take credit for it? I mean no offense, though I do think this way is better in a number of ways.]]

If proposal 363/0 passes, it has no effect. [[I know the probably won't both pass, but if they somehow did it could get ugly.]]

Add the following new rule to Section 10:
{{
Offers

Definition:
An offer is a game object consisting of:

* an index number one greater than the index number of the pending Offer with the greatest index number, or 1 if no such Offer exists.
* a string labeled Offerer
* a string labeled Offeree
* a list, labeled Particulars, of any number of names of Carryable Household Objects owned by the player named in the Offerer string
* the ability {{0: Accept or reject this Offer. This ability can only be played by the player named in this Offer's Offeree string, and only if this Offer is pending.}}
* the ability {{0: Revoke this Offer. This ability can only be played by the player named in this Offer's Offerer string, and only if this Offer is pending.}}

The Offerer string must always name a player. Offers must always be owned by the player named in their Offerer string. No player can create an Offer with an Offerer string naming a player other than emself.

Sharing Is Fun:
The Sharing Stone is a game object with the activated ability {{0: Create an Offer with Offerer string equal to your name, Offeree string equal to the name of another player of your choice, and a Particulars list consisting of any number of Carryable Household Objects you are holding. Any player may play this ability.}}

Pending Offers:
Offers that have not been accepted, rejected or revoked are labeled pending.

Syntax:
The player named in an Offer's Offerer string may be referred to as that Offers Offerer. The player named in an Offer's Offeree string may be referred to as that Offer's Offeree. Offers may be referred to as "Offer X", where X is the Offer's index number. The objects in an Offer's Particulars list may be referred to as that Offer's Particulars.

Acceptance, Rejection, and Revokage:
When an Offer is accepted, the Offerer is assumed to have posted the following Transaction, with all instances of X replaced with the Offer's index number, to a public forum:

{{
BEGIN TRANSACTION
I am Offer X's Oferrer.
I am holding all of the Particulars of Offer X.
I and Offer X's Offeree are held by the same object.
Offer X's Offeree can legally hold all of the Particulars of Offer X.
For each of Offer X's Particulars, move it to be held by Offer X's Offeree and not by me.
END TRANSACTION
}}

When an Offer is rejected or revoked, it ceases to exist.
}}

[[This system could fairly easily be extended to cover trades, sales, etc. Perhaps I will make it do so if it passes.]]