Mark Walsh on Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:57:04 -0600 (CST)

RE: [s-b] Suicide for Fun and Profit

On: 2/16/06 8:57:55 PM Personman sent:
> Subject: [s-b] Suicide for Fun and Profit

As atonement and also to admit full culpability
for the following I can offer only that I'm human,
and am too often hurried. I wear a lot of hats.

I wrongly updated the Souls Page upon Personman's
Rejoining to reflect that e was in posession of eir Soul.

My recognizing post of 2/11/06 reads in part:
[[
> On: 2/10/06 8:36:22 PM Personman sent:
> > Subject: [s-b] I've come back
> >
> I recognize the above. Welcome back!
>
> Your Soul is Lost and in the Gallery.
]]

By the Rules I believe that the last statement is true.
As the discrepancy wasn't pointed out to me, all I
can do is apologize profusely for my oversight.

> {{
> BEGIN TRANSACTION
> I pay one action point to use the Front Hall's ability and move myself to
> the Spiral Stair, which [[as far as I can tell]] is Steady.
> I pay one action point to use the Spiral Stair's ability and move myself
> the Upper Hallway.
> I leap to the Front Hall, losing 5 HP.
> I pay one action point to use the Front Hall's ability and move myself to
> the Spiral Stair, which is Steady.
> I pay one action point to use the Spiral Stair's ability and move myself
> the Upper Hallway.
> I leap to the Front Hall, losing 5 HP.
> I pay one action point to use the Front Hall's ability and move myself to
> the Spiral Stair, which is Steady.
> I pay one action point to use the Spiral Stair's ability and move myself
> the Upper Hallway.
> I leap to the Front Hall, losing 5 HP.
> I die.
> I drop my Soul and 4 Pens in the Front Hall.

You are not in possession of your Soul, and so, cannot
drop it.
TRANSACTION FAILS

> I am randomly assigned a SuperPower. [[Dice to follow]]
> I pay 0 to use my Soul's ability to take posession of it.
> I pay 0 four times to use each of the Pens' abilities to take possession
of
> them.
> END TRANSACTION
> }}

This also illustrates the folly of the empowerment granted by
the last change to Rule 4-3. As it's stated, once an action is
posted, the State of the Game is inaccurate. A reasonable
period of time should be allowed to transpire for a seated
Minister to perform requisite duties IAW the Rules.

So, to recap:
TRANSACTION FAILS
Personman is in the Front Hall with full initial Stats and
Skills and 6 Action Points. Eir Soul is Lost and in the
Gallery, valued at 120 SPs. E has NO Superpowers.

I'll revert the Wiki pages to reflect this, and emend the
Souls page to correctness.

As it's the end of the period, I have some other duties
to perform, but will perform an act of attrition that may
benefit Personman with my remaining APs.

Triller