automailer on Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:55:29 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] Triller submits p359

Triller has submitted a new Motion, p359.

---------------------------------
Motion 359/0: Finer Forfeiture Fundamentals Fixed
A Proposal by Triller
Last modified on nweek 106, nday 5

[[ Alliteration ]]
[[ I noticed at least one problem with Rule 3-2
as regards forfeiting. I'll cover that first. ]]

In Rule 3-2, change the paragraph that reads
{{
When a Player ceases to be a player for any reason,
e loses all game-defined properties and attributes
except for eir Name, and all Souls e holds become Lost.
}}
{{
When a Player ceases to be a player for any reason,
e loses all game-defined properties and attributes
except for eir Name, and all Souls e holds become Lost.
All Souls Lost in this manner are moved to the Gallery.
}}

[[ This takes care of Souls Lost by Vatees. This might
be better accomplished by amending the Vat's
Ordinances, but what if a Player Forfiets while in the
Basement or Attic? Should the Lost Souls remain there?
Amplitude, Stats and Skills are defined as Attributes,
so that is cut and dried. Action Points are not, and
perhaps should be.
However, 'game-defined properties' is a bit vague.
Would Objects be considered game-defined properties?
Is 'properties' to be considered in the real sense (as in
a deeded parcel of land) or figuratively (as in e has a
good ear for a harmony)?
As to Carryable Household Objects (CHOs):
Souls are covered by the above.
Pens and Talismans could be destroyed, ignoring Effects,
or simply dropped where the forfeiture occurs.
Players (while asleep) are CHOs. What of em?
Genechips are defined as Game Objects, though not CHOs.
Rule 9-4 does state that 'Players may also destroy Genechips
in their possession' which implies carryability.
I don't know. Perhaps I'm overthinking this.
Opinions? ]]

Triller