automailer on Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:50:02 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] Triller amends p303

Triller has amended p303.

---------------------------------
Motion 303/3: Chad Handling And Rarity Issues Suggest Myriad Amendments
A Proposal by Triller
Last modified on nweek 102, nday 7

Chad Handling And Rarity Issues Suggest Myriad Amendments
[[ CHARISMA ]]
[[ r/1 simultaneous unique - sacrifice ]]
[[ r/2 sacrifice ]]
[[ r/3 sacrifice again/Unique/new Title to reflect increased scope ]]
[[ r/4 paste title this time ]]
[[ In reading the effects field for the Talisman Chad,
it appears that this Charm was created before the
concepts of Forging and Rarity were added to the
Game. It is a Rare Talisman. These take at least 4
nDays to forge. You can't have a copy in your
possession when another completes forging.
As with my Amplitude Amplifier, precedence rules
say the Proposals resolve before Talismans complete
forging.
The intent seems to be that you can only excercise
the ability of the Chad once per Election/Motion.
With Ministries changed now, even Elections is
extraneous. ]]

Change the effects field of the Talisman Chad to:
{{
Sacrifice: For any one Open Motion, select a Player
who has Voted. Eir Vote on the chosen Motion is
changed to and will remain ABSTAIN. [[ The
selected Player can't change the ABSTAIN by
recasting a ballot. ]]
A Player may not use Chads more than once during
any given Voting Period.
}}

[[ At present, luck, coincedence or design may each
contribute to a Player having more than one Rare
Talisman in eir possession. Preclude that. ]]

In rule 7-2: Insert after the second paragraph:
{{
If a Player takes possession of a Rare Talisman e
already holds a copy of, both copies are destroyed,
and the Player loses 50A.
}}

[[ I'm striking the clause dealing with Unique Talismans.
I've come to feel it's another issue. At present, only the Sigils
are Unique, and can only be awarded randomly via access
to the Attic. There were many worthy comments as to my
manipulation of that regard. It seems an issue to deal with
separately. That's right, I'm chicken. Maybe next nweek. ]]

In rule 1-2, under Abilities, add the sentence:
{{
If the word "sacrifice" appears in the cost for using or
activating an object, this shall mean that the Object is
destroyed after the abilities are executed.
}}

Triller