automailer on Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:39:18 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] [auto] Triller submits p194

Triller has submitted a new Motion, p194.

---------------------------------
Motion 194/0: Stipend's Adventures in Nomic Territory, Chapter One, "Playing"
A Proposal by Triller
Last modified on nweek 94, nday 9

[[ For the purposes of this story, action(s) and reaction(s) will be delimited by asterisks. ]]
[[
*knocking*
"Come." *Adam enters.* "Ah, Adam, good to see you. You're well?"
"Yes, m'Lord."
"And Mrs. Up?"
"Wiki's fine, m'Lord."
"Glad to hear it. Now, how fare my holdings?"
"Your Ministerial prowess as Banker has ensured your Genechips, m'Lord, and your Angstroms seem to have been dealt with.
Additionally, all of your Tokens seem to have been accounted for; by the way, congratulations on your ascendency to Tiler."
"Oh, yes, thank you. Anything else?"
"Er, m'Lord, there seems to be a slight, um, lack of action regarding your Spirituality claims."
*Looks incredulous.*
"Lack of action? How so?"
"An issue for your counselor, m'Lord."
"Who's here?"
"I believe Mr. Ment made the passage, m'Lord."
"And have we a scribe?"
"Squib came along, m'Lord."
"Very well. Thank you, Adam. You're dismissed." *yells* "STIPEND!"
*Adam exits as Stipend enters.*
"You called, m'Lord?"
"Yes, Stipend. Fetch Arg and this scribe, Squib."
"At once, m'Lord."
"Oh! And see if you can find my spectacles."
"Of course, m'Lord." *Stipend exits.*
*Peruses The Rules until Arg knocks,*
"Come." *Arg enters; Squib waits near the door.* "Yes, yes. You too, Squib."
*Squib enters, stands quietly off to one side.*
"M'Lord?"
"Yes, Arg. My accountant tells me there's been some delay over the disposition of my Spiritual holdings."
"Well, yes, m'Lord. A number of Ministerial changes impact the matter."
"Go on."
"M'Lord, the previous Death was historical, and then fled the realm. Thankfully, The Adept saw to your Soul.
The newly ascendant Death seems bent on chaos, and only attendant to eir own agenda.
All of the SPs in the realm are unaccounted for, and by virtue of what mechanism I can find no Rule."
"Well, have we any recourse in the matter?"
"M'Lord, your possession of the Souls can't be questioned, as we have the document [s-b] Re:Various Actions
dated 7/16/05 in hand. As to the SPs, it seems that every Lord o' the Realm is in the same position, Soul Penniless.
New Proosing for this nWeek may well resolve the issue."
"I see. Well, then, what new business might I undertake that could yield some coin o' the realm?"
"M'Lord, there are some alarmingly convoluted proposals in this nWeek's legislation.
It seems that some motions can only be fully resolved based on the resolution of later proposals.
My view is that the exercise of this practice could prove to be quite paradoxical. Dr Suber would be proud."
"Perhaps a motion to curtail such foolishness is in order."
"My thinking exactly, m'Lord. Squib, take this down."
*Arg confers with Squib as knocking is heard.*
"Come." *Stipend enters.*
"Your spectacles, m'Lord. They were by The Helm."
"Ah, yes, of course. One can't don it while wearing them."
*Takes the spectacles from Stipend and puts them on.*
"Thank you, Stipend. That should be all for the night."
"I'll retire then, m'Lord. If you require anything else, just holler."
*Stipend exits as Arg and Squib finish conversing.*
"What have you written there, Squib?"
"M'Lord, it reads:"
]]

In rule 2-6, add:
{{
A motion may not contain a conditional statement which is based on the resolution of a motion
with a higher serial number than its own. A Motion may not refer to an Object which does not exist
as of the time of the its own resolution."
}}

[[
"Signed, Arg U. Ment, for m'Lord."
"Very well. Nicely stated, Arg. Dash that off, Squib, and that should be all for the day."
"At once, m'Lord. Always at your service." *Squib rushes out.*
"You're dismissed as well, Arg, and thank you. Very nice work."
"Merely my duty, m'Lord. Good night."
"Good night, Arg."
*Arg exits, closing the door behind him.*
*Peruses the list of motions and says to thin air:*
"Bugger! This list of proposals is as thick as the bloody rules."
*Fade to black.*
]]

Triller